Security Is Key to the Future of Smart Locks
Gone are the days when phones were only used for verbal communication. In this era of smartphones, it becomes a quintessential necessity for not just verbal but all types of communication; everything from web browsing to video conferencing to business transaction and security. Innovation in telecommunication in the last one decade has grown exponentially and digital solutions to even basic of human necessity are achieved by smartphones. In the latest development, digital entrepreneurs have amalgamated three critical personal possessions into one: phone, wallet and keys.
The challenge is not to find a solution for your single key but entire key chain of your house. I am giving you some incredible examples of keyway lock and security through smartphones that fortifies your home security as well as personal security.
Touch to open
With advanced technological security keys, you don’t have to fumble every time when you come to your door and look for your keys. Keyway Lock and Security revolutionizes the home security in a new way where all you need is to unlock your key through your smartphone. This is the ultimate level of convenience fused with technology. The virtual key system has following benefits that stand out from the conventional system:
- Virtual key system to monitor and control door access through an app.
- Doesn’t require complex installation process and easy to upgrade
- It can also useful for bikes, cars, safes and offices.
- Smart security automation to control entire house.
Evolution of your smart key
The new smart key is developed with simplicity in mind. The new smart keys helps you send, receive and delete eKeys. You can also check the log of lock activities and also set notifications. It’s a simple technology where you just once launch the app and relax. No need to enter your password every time.
How it works in real time?
I experimented with the smart lock system and installed Yale Real Living electronic deadbolts founded by famous Linus Yale Jr. and Henry Towne in the 19th century. Other renowned companies in the smart lock and key system are August, Goji and Lockitron. The locks are also a part of home décor and thus offered in various styles. I have installed the second generation electronic deadbolts, which is quite good looking illuminated touchscreen keypads or wireless connections to a smartphone.
- The styling of these smart locks or digital locks is called keypads, which is installed on the outside of the door.
- The styling is obviously “handsome” from the outside, inside it is a large, brick sized electronic lock with a battery enclosure. There are four battery units inside my door lock that last for a year, which indicates when the power dips low.
- The deadbolt is programmed with a master code with multiple digital codes. You just need to push your palm to the screen and the door locks. In the same way when you come back to your house, just push your palm to your screen and see the number, type the code and the door unlocks.
An electronic doors means you don’t have to carry keys with you and open it conveniently when you just step outside your door. However, you need to be careful as the information can be replicable and easy to distribute, so take care of safety of your code.